||Program Management Office
Note: This position is open to all locations: Arlington, VA; Louisville, KY; Tampa, FL
The Release Manager will own ARC’s release management lifecycle which includes the scheduling, coordination, and management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications. Releases can be inclusive of software/application deployments, operating
system/software patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, and project deliveries. Collaborate with the cross functional IS project teams including QA, UAT, Development and PM’s as required to successfully deliver minor and major releases to production
in a timely manner while building relationships with stakeholders and providing regular updates to the management team.
- Negotiate, plan, schedule, coordinate and facilitate enterprise releases for ARC. Manage risks and resolve issues related to release plan and implementation.
- Implement and facilitate release processes for the progression of code in the development, test, UAT, and production environments.
- Build and communicate the IS Release Calendar by working closely with a cross functional team of representatives from the EPMO, IS, and Business Operations. Lead the effort of defining ARC’s strategic direction for release management processes and release
management tools to be leveraged by IS to ensure the process requirements of release management are built into the overall software delivery process.
- Assist the Program Manager and/or Project Manager in identifying and managing interdependencies, and timing concerns, to ensure milestone adherence and the integrity of a release can be measured.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and that they meet or exceed expectations. Communicate challenges to stakeholders for mitigation.
- Facilitate Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews. Provide weekly status report on release planning and management activities.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Position requires minimum of 5 years of experience in information systems environment in systems analysis or development
- 2+ years specifically of experience in software release management
- 2+ years specifically of experience in IT project management (software development project management experience preferred)
- ITIL certification preferred, PMP Certification preferred
- Detailed understanding of change, configuration, and release management processes based on ITIL
- Demonstrated presentation skills and experience interfacing with customers (end-users) and Executives
EOE M/F/D/V Females and Minorities Encouraged to Apply
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- ARC does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed information related to compensation. Employees and applicants who have access to others’ compensation information will not disclose it to
others, unless compelled to do so in response to a complaint, legal action/request or investigation.
||Send This Job to a Friend