The Accounting Intern will be a part of the Finance Division and report to the Accounting Manager. The Accounting team within ARC performs various functions around the general ledger including analysis and review of journal entries and the financial statements.
The intern working with the Accounting team will contribute to different areas (AP, Revenue/Billing, General Ledger) within the team.
- Creation of revenue recognition schedules based on the contract.
- Performing walkthroughs to flush out standard operation procedure as it relates to billing.
- Perform Fixed Assets duties
- Perform Variance analysis for P&L and Balance sheet accounts
- Creation of various Desktop procedures (A/P, A/R, Fixed Assets, General Ledger and more)
- Update various Policies as needed
- Process Vendor Invoices for payment
- Perform general Ledger reconciliations as needed
Education and Work Experience Required
- Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year
- All students must be actively enrolled, not recent graduates
- Candidate for degree in Finance or Accounting
Specific Knowledge and Skills
- General knowledge of accounting and GAAP
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Strong Excel Knowledge)
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a diverse group of people within the organization
EOE M/F/D/V Females and Minorities Encouraged to Apply
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- ARC does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed information related to compensation. Employees and applicants who have access to others’ compensation information will not disclose it to
others, unless compelled to do so in response to a complaint, legal action/request or investigation.
||Send This Job to a Friend