||Managing Director, Product Development
||Business Product Development
The Managing Director of Software Product Development is responsible for leading and managing software engineers in developing and maintaining ARC’s diverse product portfolio. The Managing Director will work with the Product teams to develop world class
products that achieve overall business success. The Managing Director will work with ARC’s Information Systems Division in defining the overall infrastructure, tools, and processes needed to develop and deliver ARC’s products. The Managing Director will develop
and implement best practices for development and evolve ARC’s SDLC to be more Agile and empowering to individual teams. The Managing Director will continuously develop the skills of the team and keep abreast of new technologies and their application in delivering
on ARC’s strategic goals. The Managing Director will develop and execute outsourcing strategies as appropriate and develop and manage the department’s budget.
- Lead the software development team to drive successful delivery of all products while contributing to the product strategy and the overall product roadmap.
- Set the technical direction for the team, work with the enterprise architecture team to evolve the technical platform, and make appropriate technical choices.
- Take a hands-on approach to the software development lifecycle, and working with the EPMO, develop project and resource plans/schedules, ensure successful on-time releases, assist the team in accomplishing all tasks, and demonstrate ownership and accountability
of the entire product delivery process.
- Implement transparent processes and metrics to ensure the software development organization is efficient and focused, and that the products are market ready.
- Implement and manage development and development practices. Incorporate code reviews and coaching for effective and efficient coding techniques following industry standards in design and development.
- Determine and manage budgets at the project level and for the department ensuring that projects are developed and implemented within budget constraints. Negotiate contracts with vendors as needed and measure performance according to contractual guidelines.
- Recruit and retain a world class software development team and utilize external resources as necessary to drive initiatives and produce high quality products.
Education and Work Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Master’s preferred
- 10-15 years of experience in software development required; with at least 5+ years managing software development projects and programs
Specific Knowledge and Skills
- Must be able to translate ARC’s strategic and product portfolio goals into technical solutions that achieve the product or the product portfolio’s strategic business objectives.
- Must have experience with multiple SDLC’s and be able to apply them where appropriate.
- Be able to keep up-to-date on industry best practices for development processes, methodologies, and tools to keep ARC’s products technically relevant and enable us to deliver quickly and reliably.
- Must have knowledge of development of data and transaction processing systems and delivery for end-user performance and reliability.
- Must be familiar with modern software development toolchains and frameworks for enterprise and end-user applications.
- Ability to provide an empowered environment that encourages active engagement in solution development and decision making at the project level.
- Strong problem solving abilities and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Capable of identifying obstacles and anticipating human dynamics in the working environment.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and be able to build consensus with business, technology, and management across multiple organizations.
- Ability to develop problem solving skills within the team.
- Have outstanding skills to communicate, negotiate and educate people at all levels of the organization regarding Software Development.
- Strong presentation skills, excellent written and verbal communication to interact with business leaders and technically strong colleagues
EOE M/F/D/V Females and Minorities Encouraged to Apply
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- ARC does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed information related to compensation. Employees and applicants who have access to others’ compensation information will not disclose it to
others, unless compelled to do so in response to a complaint, legal action/request or investigation.
||Send This Job to a Friend