||Education Program Coordinator
||Come be a part of the American Nurses Association (ANA), the only full-service professional organization representing over 3.6 million registered nurses across the nation. The American Nurses Association (ANA) not only advances the nursing profession by
fostering high standards of nursing practice, it’s an excellent place to work.
• Working within the Product Development team serves to assist the Lead Nurse Planner and Education Program Specialist (EPS)-Nurse Planner in accordance with Accreditation of Continuing Nursing Education standards. This may include assisting with the coordination,
development, planning, implementation and evaluation of educational products and services that support ANA Enterprise educational products supporting subsidiary strategies and programs. This position acts as the primary point of contact for customers requesting
information about educational offerings. This position collaborates with ANA’s Center for Continuing Education and Professional Development to develop high-quality educational programs and products. As a member of the education planning team, collaborates
with the Product and Sales Specialist on solutions that meet the educational needs of customers and prospective customers while meeting budgetary and quality requirements.
• Collaborate with the Director Product Development, Product Management, Provider Unit and Marketing teams to proactively identify innovative product opportunities and technologies to support product line plans. Participates in the planning, development, and
execution of the annual plan for educational activities, products and services. Identifies, researches, analyzes, and reports on relevant trends, issues, and activities in nursing and health care educational products and development trends
• Implements, evaluates and manages the administrative processes and outcomes related to educational programs and the delivery of associated products and services. Acts as a support to the Lead Nurse Planner and EPS/Nurse Planner in accordance with ANCC Accreditation
of Continuing Nursing Education standards, maintaining continuing education activity records, managing databases, providing coordination of content development and scheduling of speakers/presenters/SME’s. Ensures completeness of continuing education activity
files. Serves as the primary point of contact for customers requesting information about educational offerings. As a support to the EPS/Nurse Planner initiates, develops and executes continuing education contact hour activities. Collects and submits required
presenter and participant information and documents, facilitates presenters to ensure presentations meet continuing education standards.
• Implement ISO approved product development and CNE standards, systems and best practices for the evaluation, specification and delivery of products and services. Track metrics to pinpoint process efficiency opportunities. Create, monitor, manage, and interpret
statistical and financial information related to educational programs, products and services.
• Collaborates with Product Management and the Marketing Department to identify audience targets and messaging to promote the content of each educational event. Supports organizational marketing needs in supporting exhibit booths and other events as assigned.
Under supervision of the Lead Nurse Planner, Product Development Director and/or the EPS/Nurse Planner conducts customer surveys and other activities for the purpose of customer satisfaction, process improvements and identification of new business opportunities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Bachelors Degree in education, health administration or an approved degree that includes training in the application of adult learning concepts, or equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered. BSN/RN preferred.
Related Work Experience
Minimum 2 years of progressive experience involving educational programming and professional staff development, Experience in developing healthcare or nursing continuing education programs/products, E-learning related experience preferred. Demonstrated success
in new program development, implementation and evaluation preferred.
Must be a team player, able to take initiative, and to work independently in a high-pressure environment. Should possess the ability to interact very professionally and appropriately when dealing with all levels of ANA enterprise members, customers, and staff
as well as other organizations (associations, commercial and nonprofit business partners, universities, distributors, etc.); distinguished Subject Matter Experts, academicians, and other key members of the nursing profession.
Preferred Skills & Experience (not required to meet minimum qualifications)
Knowledge of distribution modes supporting content delivery such as Web accessible and Mobile applications, LMS and Print-on-Demand platforms with a global view of evolving customer and product needs.
ANA’s state of the art office is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Silver Spring, Maryland, just blocks from the Metro and a wide range of restaurants and shops. ANA offers competitive salaries, a flexible work schedule and great benefits that include
the following and many more:
• Attractive benefit plan for Health, Dental, Vision, RX
• 3 weeks paid vacation and Christmas week off (paid)
• 9 paid holidays, birthday holiday, and 12 sick days
• Excellent matching 401K plan
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Flexible Spending Accounts