||Manager, Business Services
||The America Nurses Association (ANA) is the premier organization representing the interests of the nation's 3.6 million registered nurses. ANA advances the nursing profession by fostering high standards of nursing practice, promoting a safe and ethical
work environment, bolstering the health and wellness of nurses, and advocating on health care issues that affect nurses and the public. ANA is at the forefront of improving the quality of health care for all.
Assist the Director by providing support to Enterprise with cost effective and efficient centralized facility/operations support services. Develop, implement and maintain administrative procedures for support services. Coordinate the purchasing of all equipment,
materials, supplies and services required by the Enterprise. Liaison between the Enterprise and suppliers to assure the acquisition of quality goods at best price in time frame required and provide technical assistance to customers upon request.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
•Negotiate purchases for the Enterprise for all items requiring competitive bids. Prepare and distribute purchase orders in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Maintain automated purchasing system to provide information required by Accounts Payable/Finance.
•Assure that all purchases are recorded and filed appropriately.
• Follow up on all outstanding purchase requests and report disposition to internal customer(s).
• Maintain inventory records/controls of goods stored with suppliers. Assist Finance with fixed inventory records as needed.
•Review and maintain copies of contracts for maintenance on equipment and services provided.
•Work closely with suppliers to negotiate cost containment initiatives while maintaining best service and delivery options.
•Oversee Business Services employees purchasing activities.
• Analyze, evaluate, recommend and implement operations and administrative support systems, procedures, services and equipment which meet organizational objectives of service, quality, efficiency and cost. Monitor and audit service quality and user satisfaction;
develop and maintain production and quality control standards. Produce reports as needed.
•Assist Director in coordinating centralized building services with staff, property manager, housekeeping and engineering to provide a safe, clean and properly functioning work environment at all facilities under department’s management.
•Regularly train internal staff on emergency safety procedures and coordinate the distribution of information and supplies as needed.
• Assist in preparing budgets and maintenance of budgets for the department and Enterprise; provide forecast costs, provide information on availability of future goods; provide information on current buying trends, shortages and alternative goods and services
to Enterprise directors for budgeting purposes and throughout the budget year.
•Liaison with staff on facility requests and status. Liaison with sub tenants (to provide building services in conjunction with Professional Agreements.
• Assist with presenting Business Services Onboarding to all employees.
•Assist Director in reviewing maintenance agreements and contracts associated with equipment and services purchased.
•Guide and oversee Business Services employee development.
•Supervise all Business Services employees during Director’s absence and/or as directed.
•Assist with special projects as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education Bachelor’s Degree required; Continuous management training courses (specific to administrative/operation services); Knowledge and understanding of labor relations in the workplace; how to supervise hourly and salaried staff in same unit.
Relevant Experience At least 5 years of purchasing/buying experience with strong emphasis on facilities maintenance and operations services; experience in sourcing and contract review; supervisory experience with coaching and training; experience in budget
preparation and maintenance.
•Ability to accept responsibility
•Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
•Ability to supervise employees
•Ability to communicate effectively with clients, senior management and support staff
•Ability to organize and establish efficient work procedures
•Ability to organize and implement a wide range of highly detailed projects to achieve multiple objectives in a highly pressured, visible environment
•Outstanding skills in human relations and ability to motivate and train staff
•Excellent, analytical, oral and written communication skills
•Possess a high level of integrity
•Ability to work easily and effectively with people and provide leadership
•Displays confidence and competence in writing analytical and informational material
•Demonstrates ability to solve problems and exercise objective judgment
•Is creative, cooperative and responsible
•Possesses an open, friendly communication style
ANA’s state of the art office is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Silver Spring, Maryland, just blocks from the Metro and a wide range of restaurants and shops. ANA offers competitive salaries, a flexible work schedule and great benefits that include
the following and many more:
• Attractive benefit plan for Health, Dental, Vision, RX
• 3 weeks paid vacation and Christmas week off (paid)
• 9 paid holidays, birthday holiday, and 12 sick days
• Excellent matching 401K plan
• Tuition Reimbursement, pending availability of funds
• Flexible Spending Accounts
||Send This Job to a Friend