||Director, Applications and Online Services
||The American Nurses Association (ANA) is the premier organization representing the interests of the nation's 3.6 million registered nurses. ANA advances the nursing profession by fostering high standards of nursing practice, promoting a safe and ethical
work environment, bolstering the health and wellness of nurses, and advocating on health care issues that affect nurses and the public. ANA is at the forefront of improving the quality of health care for all.
The Director of Applications and Online Services is responsible for the creation, enhancement, implementation and the support/maintenance of the organization's Application and Website environments, as well as leading major initiatives such as Digital Transformation,
Database Merge, Website Migration etc., to give our customers and prospects a superior experience and enhance the organization's brand image. These services include the enterprise’s websites, social networking, collaboration, intranet, extranet, enterprise
applications as well as capabilities including SSO, E-commerce, Enhanced Portals, System and Application Rationalization etc. The Director leads a team of internal professionals and external service providers creating and developing technologies to meet the
needs of the organization. The Director delivers projects on time and within budget.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Directs the development and support of the enterprise applications including Personify AMS, SharePoint, Authentication Services etc.
• Directs the development, creation, implementation and operations of web services that enhance the User Experience using a CMS such as EPiServer
• Collaborates with stakeholders to develop solutions for the organization to better utilize technologies to improve its capabilities. Estimates resource requirements for projects to be used in Business Cases and budgets/forecasts
• Manage the resources to maximize output and minimize costs
• Develops and maintains the IT Architecture to provide the association the best technology at the lowest cost in a secure manner
ANA CORE COMPETENCIES:
Operational Values: ANA Enterprise leaders are expected to exemplify the values of Excellence, Empowerment, Collaboration, Creativity, Respect, Trust and Joy.
1. Establish and sustain an environment of inclusivity, adaptability and flexibility that
leverages the knowledge skills & abilities of team members and volunteers to achieve individual, team and enterprise goals.
2. Move toward a shared vision/purpose by encouraging support, diversity, cohesiveness
and recognition to individual, team, and volunteer achievements.
3. Create a framework for effective engagement, and communication within and among
departments, and between all levels of staff, leadership and volunteers, resulting in trust and productivity
Create and Sustain a Positive Work Environment
1. Strengthen and sustain cohesion between all forms of teams within and across departments, entities, volunteers, and leaders.
2. Align team objectives and departmental goals to the organizational strategic plan.
3. Create a healthy work environment that is open, safe and welcoming, and that inspires team members and volunteers to engage in challenging and varied work while successfully managing conflict.
Evaluate & Sustain Initial and On-going Employee Development
1. Intentionally, plan ongoing professional development for all employees to ensure maximum competence and growth.
2. Align the organization’s present and future individual employee development initiatives with enterprise goals.
3. Increase engagement, education, and empowerment of Enterprise employees and volunteers through strong values, guiding principles, leadership development, coaching and continuous learning.
Promote and Support Autonomy and Accountability
1. Clearly define roles and responsibilities within performance expectations and cultural values.
2. Ensure that team members and volunteers engage in shared leadership and have the authority and freedom to make decisions based on the full scope of their job/role duties, expertise and collaborative efforts.
3. Establish expectations that team members understand the commitment for individual responsibilities to self, team, the ANA Enterprise and stakeholders.
Establish and Maintain Operational Excellence
1. Align work with the strategic plan to ensure common goals and objectives utilizing a framework of vision, alignment and execution that leverages ANA Enterprise team and volunteer talent and expertise, and includes measurable indicators of success.
2 Be intentional on identifying, creating and improving well-designed structures and processes that promote efficient and effective delivery of best in class support, services and products to employees, members, and customers.
2. Leveraging all components of operational excellence that includes quality, structure, and
process to create results
4. Being open to change, embracing innovation and acquiring the knowledge, skills and
Abilities to effectively adopt and use digital technology
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree or better degree in computer science
• 10+ years overall information technology experience
• 5+ years supervisory experience in managing people, projects and budgets
• Experienced in implementing Web 2.0 technologies and concepts
• CMS and Microsoft SharePoint experience
• Experience managing budgets and a staff of over 20 technical personnel
• Digital Transformation, especially using a CMS system such as EpiServer
• Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
• Attention to detail
• Good conflict resolution skills
• Strong analytical, problem solving and presentation skills
• Good verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
ANA’s state of the art office is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Silver Spring, Maryland, just blocks from the Metro and a wide range of restaurants and shops. ANA offers competitive salaries, a flexible work schedule and great benefits that include
the following and many more:
• Attractive benefit plan for Health, Dental, Vision, RX
• 3 weeks paid vacation and Christmas week off (paid)
• 9 paid holidays, birthday holiday, and 12 sick days
• Excellent matching 401K plan
• Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
• Flexible Spending Accounts
||Send This Job to a Friend