||Senior Administrative Assistant II
||Come be a part of the American Nurses Association (ANA), the only full-service professional organization representing over 3.6 million registered nurses across the nation. The American Nurses Association (ANA) not only advances the nursing profession by
fostering high standards of nursing practice, it’s an excellent place to work.
• Provides outstanding internal and external customer service in the daily support of the operational activities of Department within the ANA Enterprise.
• Develops and maintains calendars, provides phone coverage, and handles travel arrangements for the Vice President and Directors/Managers in the department. Disseminates information to and between the Vice President, Directors and Managers, and other staff
as well as external clients or partners as needed. Prepares itineraries, agendas and advisory memos to assure logistical support for assigned areas of responsibility. Orders supplies and equipment as needed to support the team.
• Tracks and maintains operational information regarding clients, applicants, partners and contractors/vendors. Ensures proper care of sensitive documents, including following proper procedures for mailing, handling, transmitting and communicating these documents.
Prepares reports, letters, memoranda and other assorted documents required to support the department
• Uses database management skills for analysis, entry and report preparation. Databases include, but are not limited to Learning Management System, Salesforce, The Lean Machine, and Personify Database. Other electronic filing systems and tools used to manage
information include Less Meetings, Workzone and basic Microsoft Office products (e.g., Excel and Word).
• Interacts with customers, volunteers, and staff using professional, courteous interpersonal skills. Receives screens, prioritizes, and delivers/forwards departmental mail, telephone calls and other requests. Determines nature of request and handles independently
or directs customer to appropriate alternate contact. Presents courteous and professional appearance, demeanor, and attitude to all members of the ANA Enterprise staff, elected and appointed officials, vendors, guests and all other contacts.
• Establishes, maintains, and oversees filing system and records for the department; institutes improved procedures for systematizing record and file-keeping functions. Maintains and safeguards ISO standards.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent education and work experience. Administrative support experience with health care organizations or Associations a plus.
Related Work Experience
At least five years of Administrative/Office Assistant experience; as well as expertise using
Microsoft Office products. Skillful with office related products such as fax machines, copy
machines, and scanners.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service proficiency
• Highly organized and able to multitask and skillfully prioritize work
• Able to work well in a team setting
• Critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills are imperative, as are advanced organizational skills
• Flexibility is required, as is the ability to work independently without close supervision
• Positive attitude with proven track record of managing multiple priorities
ANA’s state of the art office is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Silver Spring, Maryland, just blocks from the Metro and a wide range of restaurants and shops. ANA offers competitive salaries, a flexible work schedule and great benefits that include
the following and many more:
• Attractive benefit plan for Health, Dental, Vision, RX
• 3 weeks paid vacation and Christmas week off (paid)
• 9 paid holidays, birthday holiday, and 12 sick days
• Excellent matching 401K plan
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Flexible Spending Accounts