||Director, Magnet Recognition Program
||Magnet Recognition Program
||Under the supervision of the VP, Magnet Recognition and Pathway to Excellence Programs (VPMAGPATH), the Director of Magnet Recognition Program operationalizes the strategic plan for growth and quality of the Magnet Recognition Program. Directs the work
of the volunteer body of the Commission on Magnet and associated expert committees, external stakeholders (chief and staff nurses) and task forces. Analyzes the national and international healthcare and legal environments for trends to support the strategic
plan for growth of the Magnet Recognition Program. Under the VPMAGPATH, accountable for all management and budget functions of the Magnet Recognition Program and staff through development of a knowledge based work environment.
1. Under the guidance of the VPMAGPATH and in collaboration with the Commission on Magnet (volunteer board), operationalizes the strategic vision for growth of the Magnet Recognition Program through developing and implementing strategies and tactics that will
maximize operational efficiencies and programmatic movement.
2. Provide leadership, direction and coordination of the staff management and administrative duties to include recruitment, training, policy and procedure development, staff development and disciplinary actions.
3. Supervises the appraiser function of the Magnet Program. This includes providing oversight for the quality, inter-rater/rater reliability, customer service, performance management, selection and hiring, ongoing competency and training, and continued growth
of over 250 external consultants who conduct site visits. Monitor and evaluate reliability and consistency of Magnet standards through evaluation methods.
4. Operationalizes the strategic plan for global expansion through identifying and monitoring opportunities for potential global growth of the program by maintaining liaisons with healthcare leaders, researchers, professional nursing organizations and other
key quality organizations.
5. Manages the annual operating budget of $6M and up to $150K in contract proposals for the Magnet Recognition Program.
6. Serves as the Program’s representative on national and international stage through communications, presentations, and interactive mediums. Manages the written and verbal communication with internal and external stakeholders including the Commission on Magnet,
Magnet CNOs (315+), Magnet Appraisers (240) and Hospital Magnet Program Directors (350+). Additionally, collaborates with Marketing in managing the PR and media inquiry.
7. Implements, monitors and evaluates the core program’s metrics of cost, quality, service and growth and it’s alignment with the ISO 90000 standards. This includes complex statistical analysis to assure content factor analysis of the standards, inter-rater
reliability scoring of the appraisers, and scoring matrix projections for development of scoring guidelines for the program.
8. Identifies and implements innovative products and services which support organizations seeking Magnet Recognition designation and or added-value through expanding business opportunities through publications, products, presentations, scholarly articles and
Registered Nurse (RN) with a Master’s Degree in Nursing, Healthcare, Business Administration, or related field required. Doctoral degree in Nursing, Healthcare, or related field preferred. Specialty certification in Nursing Administration required within 6
months of hire.
Related Work Experience
Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible nursing experience including, 5 years experience in senior nursing management and administrative positions involving Magnet program recognition, budget development, human resource management, strategic growth
and planning, management of complex projects and interaction with governing boards required. Previous experience working in a union environment, association and/or non-profit, and with international organizations is preferred.
Exceptional communications skills including written and verbal communications.
Demonstrated ability to engage and motivate staff and volunteers.
Advanced group facilitation and public speaking skills.
Ability to analyze, critically think and collaboratively problem solve complex issues in a politically sensitive, high visibility work environment.
Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
Interpersonal skills and political sensitivity with ability to interact with and influence executive level individuals, board members, consultants, vendors, volunteers, and customers, and to recognize and address sensitivities.
Strong organization and project management skills.
Advanced budget development and fiscal management.
||Send This Job to a Friend