||EMCORE Corporation is a leading provider of advanced Mixed-Signal Optics products that provide the foundation for today’s high-speed communication network infrastructures and leading-edge defense systems. Our optical chips, components, subsystems and systems
enable broadband and wireless providers to continually enhance their network capacity, speed and coverage to advance the free flow of information that empowers the lives of millions of people daily. The Mixed-Signal Optics technology at the heart of our broadband
transmission products is shared with our fiber optic gyros and military communications links to provide the aerospace and defense markets state-of-the-art systems that keep us safe in an increasingly unpredictable world. EMCORE’s performance-leading optical
components and systems serve a broad array of applications including cable television, fiber-to-the-premise networks, telecommunications, wireless infrastructure, satellite RF fiber links, navigation systems and military communications. EMCORE has fully vertically-integrated
manufacturing capability through its world-class Indium Phosphide (InP) wafer fabrication facility at our headquarters in Alhambra, California and is ISO 9001 certified in Alhambra, and at our facilities in Warminster, Pennsylvania and China. For more information,
please visit www.emcore.com.
Emcore Corporation has an immediate need for a Mechanical Design Engineer to support the Fiber Optic Gyro business on a full-time basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Design and develop packaging of Fiber Optic Gyro (FOG) components and Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) assemblies
• Resolve problems involving optical, electrical, mechanical, and thermal designs.
• Work closely with electrical design engineers to incorporate electrical and FOG components into overall IMU system assemblies
• Develop assembly processes and characterization tests for the module and its subassemblies.
• Develop manufacturing drawings and assembly instructions compliant with ANSI Y.14.
• Perform failure analysis on modules and subassemblies to identify root causes of failures.
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field, with 3-5 years of experience.
• M.S. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field,
• 3-5 years of experience with mechanical design / electronics packaging design and development
• Experience in the development of packaging solutions and tooling/fixtures for the production of mechanical and/or electronic components.
• Hands-on experience in failure analysis of mechanical assemblies and/or electronic modules, particularly with respect to packaging.
• Proficient in Solidworks or and MS Offices. (will consider experience with other relevant CAD packages)
• Flexibility in changing priorities and working hours to support business needs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Aerospace industry experience
• Experience using and/or managing PDM software with Solidworks a Plus
NOTE: Due to the nature of the products involved, candidates must be a US Person
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend