||This role will focus on the in integration of traffic engineering practices into the Roadway Sensors products and services portfolio. It will involve developing new applications of products and services and integrating them into new and existing traffic
systems. It involves creating new SW and HW based solutions either for general production or customer-specific applications. Additionally, it will involve developing reports, analyses, white papers and application-specific tech notes.
This position is not an hourly, billing-based position and does not do work such as signal timing plans or optimizing traffic networks, etc. This is not a traditional consulting role.
The person hired for this position will work with a team of diverse, multi-disciplinary professionals to design transportation engineering solutions and communicate those solutions to customers. This person will interface with public-agency customers, sales
professionals, product design engineers, field and test engineers, and data scientists.They will build and maintain relationships with key traffic engineering & ITS clients. Position will require work in the field for evaluations, testing and assessment and
will involve some travel.
||• Knowledge of transportation performance measures
• Experience with Adaptive traffic control systems
• Connected and Autonomous vehicles and infrastructure: specifically V2I
• Strong experience with traffic data collection, analysis and presentation
• Knowledge of traffic signal controller operation, programming and control
• Familiarity with communications systems – with an emphasis on wireless systems
• Complete streets familiarity–A state-of-the-practice understanding of complete streets/active transportation design guidance, Transit, bike, ped & vehicle modes of travel.
• Familiarity with analysis and simulation software programs in common use in the industry, such as HCS, Synchro, VISSIM, etc
• Strong skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Experience or knowledge of: safety studies, intersection operations studies, traffic impact studies, traffic signal timing studies, parking analysis, bicycle and pedestrian studies, Traffic Signal Design and Operation, Traffic Control Design and Operation,
Design Concept Reports, Corridor Studies, and Preliminary Traffic Reports, Safety Studies and Intersection Improvement Studies.
• Experience with traffic signal design and innovative signal treatments for pedestrians and bicyclists.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.