||Lectrus Corporation, manufacturer of equipment centers and custom electrical enclosures, is looking for an experienced Fabricator for the Houston facility.
Fabricators at Lectrus assemble and fabricate metal cabinets, enclosures, bases, and/or other components.
||Job Responsibilities/Key Accountabilities:
• Follow customer specifications and engineering drawings, gather required materials, lay-out, assemble and weld base or enclosure.
• Set up equipment and weld parts together using TIG, MIG, gas welding, brazing and any combination of arc welding processes.
• Install specialized parts and components on enclosures, which may include insulation, Z-bar, doors, hinges, brackets using cutting, welding and grinding tools.
• Install specialized parts and components on bases, which may include structural steel, flat and formed sheet metal / plate, lift and lugs.
• Examine weld for appropriate size, quality and precision.
• Repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping and rewelding as needed.
• Operate crane or other lifting equipment to move and position base or other enclosure components to complete work on all areas of the enclosure.
• Work with engineering staff to clarify information and obtain design changes as needed.
• May repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping and reassembling as needed.
• May operate a forklift to move materials and supplies.
• Follow all established quality guidelines.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
• Follow established safety guidelines.
• Perform additional duties as requested
• High School Diploma or GED preferred. Equivalent experience may be acceptable.
• Ability to use basic hand tools, power tools, tape measure, grinders, and saws safely.
• Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions.
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions.
• MIG welding.
• Requires good judgment, and ability to work with others and perform other tasks as assigned.
• Previous work with structural steel, welding and grinding processes.
• Ability to review designs and drawings (blueprints).
• Strong attention to detail in measurements and design specifics.
• Experience operating a forklift preferred.
Lectrus offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401k, wellness programs including subsidized fitness center memberships, paid holidays and vacation. EOE
||Send This Job to a Friend