||Lectrus is searching for a Painter for the Chattanooga, TN office.
The Painter will prepare and paint custom-ordered and custom-manufactured metal buildings according to specifications, mixing paint as required, using spray guns and other equipment to ensure high quality finish and appearance.
• Immerse parts in solution or wash surfaces to remove grease, rust, scale, and dirt.
• Mask and cover surfaces not to be painted.
• Set up and operate painting equipment to coat metal products with lacquer, paint, varnish, enamel, oil, or rust proofing material:
• Prepare metal surfaces for painting, and paints parts, equipment, interiors, and exteriors of buildings, using brushes, spray guns, sanders, and rollers.
• Mix chemicals and paints, fill tanks, control viscosity, adding prescribed amounts or proportions of paints, thinner, and chemicals to mixture.
• Determine flow and viscosity of paints and quality of coating visually or by use of viscometer.
• Operate spray guns, position nozzles to direct spray onto work piece, and regulate air pressure in spray guns that atomize spray.
• Verify correct paint colors by reading building prints and designs.
• Strip, sand, mask, and repaint surfaces, blend and polish finish to match surrounding areas, manually or using portable power tools.
• Spray foam insulation and undercoating as required in buildings.
• Place articles or materials in drying racks or container.
• May use a full face ventilation mask for extended periods of time.
• Spray specified amount or thickness of primer, protective, decorative, or finish coatings, such as paint, lacquer, sealer, or enamel, onto prepared surfaces, using spray equipment
• May operate lifting and moving devices to move materials and equipment and access areas to be painted.
• Clean all equipment and tools, organize and store as required.
• Dispose of waste appropriately, and according to safety and OSHA regulations.
• Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
• Inspect, recognize and service wearing or defective parts on all paint related equipment.
• Train new Painters and Painter Helpers in appropriate and safe operation of all equipment and functions in the Paint Department.
• Perform additional duties as requested.
||• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
• Flexibility and ability to work under production pressure.
• Ability to work in cooperation with other team members.
• Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time, work on ladders at heights and lift up to 100 lbs.
• Must be able to work in enclosed spaces for extended periods of time.
• Ability to perform basic math calculations and measurements.
• Three years of prior industrial painting experience, auto painting may be suitable exp.
Additional skills desired:
• Detail oriented.
• Forklift certification or ability to obtain certification.
• Experience in body work such as bonding, repairing dents, scratches, etc.
||Send This Job to a Friend