||To be considered you must be a resident of Hawaii. There is no relocation offered for this position.
The position starts out as part-time and transitions to full-time by June 15, 2017.
Role and Responsibilities
To assist the Cultivation Supervisor and Facility Manager with the day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of grow facilities. Cultivation Technicians (Cultivation Tech’s) may be required to do one or all of the tasks listed below depending on the skill level of
the Cultivation Tech.
• Soil mixing
• Fertilizer mixing
• Responsible for plant health
• Cleaning work areas
• Maintenance and monitoring of facility systems
• Pesticide application
||Qualifications and Education Requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Must be 21 years old
• Valid Support badge or ability to obtain state agency card
• Possess the horticultural skills to provide proper plant health care
• Basic math skills
• Valid driver’s license and transportation
• Ability to operate standard office equipment
• Good verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Skills and Education
• Bachelor degree
• Prior experience working in greenhouse or agricultural experience
• Prior customer service experience
Physical and Environmental Requirements
• Ability to work a minimum of 8 hours a day and rotating shifts.
• Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 pounds
• Ability to sit, squat, bend, and kneel repetitively throughout a work day
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to use a ladder (up to 12 ft. extension) and general hardware tools needed for common repairs
• Ability and willingness to work in the following conditions:
o Exposure to pollen, allergens, and chemical pesticides in the grow facility or greenhouse
o General office environment
o Extended computer usage
o Extended phone usage including teleconferences
o Work environments that include exposure to, but not limited to, chemicals, fumes, dust, odors, extreme heat temperatures, heights, indoor AC, no AC, motion, noise, protective gear, vibrations, and water
Management reserves the right to assign other job duties as necessary. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
||Send This Job to a Friend