||Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are
poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems,
and transforming markets into a force for development.
Pact seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor for the proposed USAID-funded five-year Growth Through Nutrition Activity to improve the nutritional status of women and young children of Ethiopia. This position is contingent on award.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor will report to the COP and is responsible for leading the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation plan and information system to track delivery against targets, outcomes and impacts.
S/he will lead analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement and overall data management. S/he will guide reporting processes among technical staff and consolidate program reports, and promote learning and knowledge sharing
of best practices and lessons learned. S/he will support all the technical staff in M&E functions and will manage the project’s M&E staff.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor will provide technical oversight for the M&E plan and learning agenda for the Growth through Nutrition Activity. S/he will develop and oversee project monitoring, evaluation, research, learning, and reporting,
including appropriate indicators, tracking against targets, assessing performance, conducting surveys and assessments, documenting lessons-learned, and producing timely, accurate, and complete reports. The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor will
effectively integrate the overall learning agenda for this Activity into the M&E plan with an emphasis on implementation research so that learning is incorporated into every aspect of nutrition and WASH programming—from Activity design, to service delivery,
to utilization/uptake, and adherence. S/he will develop efficient processes and systems for translating lessons-learned into practice for timely resolutions of implementation challenges and scaling-up effective nutrition and WASH interventions.
• Assist Technical Advisors and COP to design the overall measurement system for the project, including outcome measures at the end of the project.
• Assist partners to develop strong M&E systems to track programming.
• Provide training and mentoring to partners and staff to ensure the implementation of strong M&E systems.
• Assist with development of the project’s M&E Plan, including deciding on and defining key indicators, targets and systems for measurements
• Collect, aggregate, analyze and present data about the project for learning and reporting to the donor.
• Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and peer organizations
• Ability to consistently work within internal process and procedures
• Strong interpersonal and team building skills
• Proactive engagement in corporate initiatives
• Strong planning and time management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex ideas to diverse audiences
• Ability to problem-solve difficult issues
• Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
• Strong negotiating and conflict resolution skills
• Proficiency in developing and managing a budget
• Strong experience in nutrition and one of the following fields: health, water sanitation and hygiene, social and behavior change communication, and/or agriculture
• Strong knowledge and understanding of donor policies and regulations
• High competence using common desktop applications and internal systems
• Demonstrated proficiency in supervising staff, including providing honest feedback
• Ability to mentor others
• Advanced degree in nutrition, public health, epidemiology, economics, statistics, or other relevant field, with an emphasis on monitoring, evaluation, applied research, knowledge management, documentation, or related area.
• At least seven years of M&E experience, including developing data collection instruments, establishing database systems, tracking performance against targets, conducting assessments and surveys, analyzing data collected, and using data for decision-making.
• Experience conducting implementation research and developing systems for translating lessons-learned into practice highly desirable.
• Demonstrated expertise in monitoring and evaluation of nutrition, agriculture, health, and/or WASH-related interventions.
• Ability to compile, write, and disseminate reports, project briefs, and success stories.
||Send This Job to a Friend