||Technical Director, HIV/AIDS
||Pact is recruiting a Technical Director, HIV/AIDS for an upcoming USAID-funded program that aims to strengthen human, organizational, and systems capacity to lead the national HIV and AIDS response and deliver innovative enhancements in HIV and AIDS services in Vietnam. The project will provide direct service delivery and technical assistance to key stakeholders in target provinces and facilitate transition of USAID-supported HIV and AIDS services to the Vietnam provincial governments.
The Technical Director, HIV/AIDS will serve as the project’s technical lead and will be responsible for technical leadership and technical supervision of project activities, working closely with the Chief of Party, project team, and partners. The position is contingent upon award.
• Plan, coordinate, and organize technical assistance assignments: identify and negotiate with consultants for technical assistance assignments, conduct briefings, develop and review scopes of work, and liaise with district and provincial health authorities.
• Provide technical inputs into project activities, including activity design, work planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation in coordination with the Chief of Party.
• Ensure that program activities reflect best practices, including PEPFAR, UNAIDS, and World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines.
• Provide technical quality assurance through training, mentorship, technical support, and capacity building.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with host country government, local organizations, and private sector stakeholders.
• Ensure that Pact provides high quality technical assistance and capacity development to local partners and project stakeholders; conduct regular monitoring and mentoring visits to local partners.
• Represent Pact at conferences, working groups, and meetings to support Pact’s thought leadership in HIV/AIDS programming in Vietnam and the region.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Advanced degree (Master of Public Health or other advanced degree related to health).
• A minimum of seven years of demonstrated experience working in HIV/AIDS prevention, care or treatment programs; four of those years shall be experience in the provision of technical assistance, training management or a closely associated position.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience concerning HIV prevention, care and treatment programs.
• Thorough understanding of relevant Government of Vietnam policies and regulations, how government operates, and a keen understanding of local development activities.
• Proven experience and/or knowledge of the PEPFAR Blueprint for an AIDS-Free Generation and WHO and UNAIDS HIV goals and targets related to concentrated epidemic.
• Demonstrated experience in project work planning, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation.
• Experience supporting local organizations implementing health and HIV programs.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Fluency in English.
• Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time.
• Experience in the transition of a donor-funded health program to host country government and local stakeholders.
• Experience in and familiarity with Vietnam and language capability in Vietnamese.
• Experience managing USAID contracts and cooperative agreements.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
||Send This Job to a Friend