||HIV Prevention Community Lead, Lesotho
The HIV Prevention Community Lead will provide technical leadership to ensure high-quality, evidence-based HIV programming and service delivery. S/he will inform the project on effective approaches to increase access to community HIV counselling and testing
(HCT) to reach high risk/high prevalence groups, working closely with stakeholders to improve linkages between communities and facilities. The HIV Prevention Community Lead will also develop and implement strategies for improving access to and retention in
care and treatment.
• Provide technical leadership in developing strategies and interventions to improve the quality and responsiveness of community level HIV programming and service delivery.
• Oversee the development, implementation, and monitoring of community level HIV services.
• Advise on community outreach and mobilization strategies to increase demand for and access to client-friendly HTC services.
• Collaborate closely with national and district planners, policy-makers and community groups to improve planning and implementation of HIV services at the community level.
• Work with communities and facilities to enhance linkages and referrals between HTC, care and treatment services.
• Provide leadership for implementation and monitoring of community-based interventions to increase retention in care and treatment
• Provide technical assistance and mentorship to local CSO partners and facilitate technical capacity assessments in evidence-based HIV services to identify gaps, technical capacity limitations, and priority technical assistance needs.
• Facilitate problem solving and action planning among CSO and government stakeholders to address critical challenges and barriers to improving HIV programming and service delivery.
• Contribute to program research and learning agendas related to HIV service delivery and support the analysis, interpretation, and use of HIV and other socio-economic data to inform decision-making and programmatic adjustments.
• Master’s degree in Public Health (with a focus on HIV/AIDS), Social Sciences or related field;
• At least 7 years of experience in community level HIV programming and service delivery in the Southern Africa region, spanning prevention, care and treatment.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the health context and structural issues in Southern Africa including socioeconomic, institutional and policy issues that are related to essential services in HIV prevention, care and treatment.
• Demonstrated leadership and technical skills in HIV prevention, care and treatment with key target groups, applying new technologies, and utilizing effective health promotion approaches.
• Demonstrated experience facilitating planning and delivery of community-based HIV services with CSOs and Government.
• Demonstrated leadership on large-scale donor funded programs, including supervision of technical staff.
• Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be Fluent in English.
• Experience in Lesotho.
• Experience on USAID-funded programs and demonstrated knowledge of PEPFAR programming and strategies.
||Send This Job to a Friend