||Visual Media Officer
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are
poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact’s promises are fulfilled in partnership with local communities. Our integrated approach to building the capacity of local organizations, developing good governance and cultivating markets is carried out by individuals who adapt our expertise to their own
environments and challenges.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems,
and transforming markets into a force for development.
The Visual Media Officer is the lead designer for content delivered throughout the organization’s variety of media platforms and for layout and graphics in its proposals and donor reports. The role requires mastery of storytelling, versatility of voice and
compelling message development, using images and technology to promote Pact’s brand of international development and influence targeted audiences to join us in building local promise throughout the world.
The Visual Media Officer creates, identifies and generates appropriate visual assets across the digital spectrum, including for interactive PDFs, our websites, email marketing, presentations and videos, as well as for hard-copy documents to potential and existing
donors. S/he manages projects, digital assets and brand compliance.
Expert at Adobe CC Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop/Lightroom, the Visual Media Officer specializes in infographics, table styles and long-document layout and design, including master page templates, tables of contents, footnotes, paragraph styles and preflighting.
Experience converting and importing MS Word/Excel data into Adobe apps required. Competency in Premiere Pro, AfterEffects and InCopy a plus.
The Visual Media Officer resides in the Marketing + Communications Department and works closely with headquarters departments as well as personnel in the field internationally.
• Manage production and design of proposal and donor report documents for both HQ and Country Offices;
• Generate key visual content across a variety of platforms, both digital and traditional;
• Create infographics that compellingly convey data;
• Repurpose content for use across an array of communications channels, including print products, interactive documents, websites, social media, e-mail blasts, video and internal digital signage.
• Manage organization’s digital assets;
• Create major publications/e-publications (Annual Report, Measuring Global Impact, etc.).
• Act as brand champion, ensuring proper and consistent use of visual identity throughout organization.
• Maintain and grow library of properly branded templates for proposals, fact sheets, report covers and other collateral. Publicize library throughout organization and instruct in its use.
• Help establish and adhere to departmental file storage and workflow policies.
• Manages freelance artists and photographers, as necessary;
• Undertakes all other duties and projects as may be assigned.
• B.A. degree in related discipline;
• Minimum 4 years experience in journalism/communications/ad agency;
• Superior layout, design and infographic skills, using Adobe CC suite of apps, especially Illustrator and InDesign. Portfolio required;
• Knowledge of long document formatting using InDesign;
• Experience with converting/importing Microsoft documents and data to Adobe CC apps;
• Project management skills;
• Photo-editing and video production skills;
• Branding/message development experience;
• Social media savvy and high comfort level with digital communications;
• Innovation and creativity in messaging and modes of delivery;
• Proven ability to collaborate with, and develop buy-in from, internal customers;
• Knowledge of email marketing and digital advertising;
• Excellent customer service and collaboration skills;
• Advanced degree in a related field
• Adobe Expert certification
• Proficiency in HTML/CSS and Drupal
• Familiarity with international development topics and related issues
• Experience with Google AdWords and Google Analytics
• Fluency in at least one other language in addition to English
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend