||Research and Learning Specialist
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are
poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems,
and transforming markets into a force for development.
Pact is recruiting a Research and Learning Specialist for an anticipated global project that will support civil society organizations (CSOs) and independent media and labor organizations to ensure civil society participation and government transparency and
accountability. The position is contingent upon award.
The Research and Learning Specialist will oversee the program’s learning agenda, knowledge management systems and M&E, under the leadership of the Program Director.
The Research and Learning Specialist will:
• Lead the development of knowledge management procedures for the program;
• Liaise with partners and other stakeholders on the program’s learning agenda;
• Ensure that program learning is documented and used to guide key decision making;
• Work with M&E staff to capture learning across the program; and
• Provide staff training and capacity building as required.
• Minimum of 5 years’ progressively responsible experience in knowledge management, learning, research and monitoring and evaluation;
• Sound understanding of and experience with civil society and/or media strengthening programming;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
• MA in political science, public policy, international development or a related field;
• Fluency in English, strong writing and presentation skills;
• Experience working in diverse country contexts;
• Experience fostering learning;
• Experience working in good governance programs;
• Experience integrating gender, marginalized populations and/or youth or working on programming where these areas are a key focus; and
• Fluency in a second language.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend