||Capacity Development Advisor (Consultant), Angola
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are
poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future. Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature
provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
The consultant will lead the technical and operational start-up of Pact activities for the LINKAGES project in Angola.
LINKAGES (Linkages across the Continuum of HIV Services for Key Populations Affected by HIV Project) is a five-year cooperative agreement led by FHI 360 and funded by the U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief. Pact, along with IntraHealth International
and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, are partnering with FHI 360 to conduct a range of activities to reduce HIV transmission among key populations, including female sex workers, and to improve their enrollment and retention in HIV care and
treatment. Pact supports the LINKAGES project to strengthen the technical and organizational capacity of CSOs and provide capacity development support through provision of direct technical assistance as well as through South to South mentoring.
The successful candidate will perform the following activities with training and support
• Conduct three integrated technical and organizational assessments (ITOCA) and organizational performance index (OPI) with local partners
• Develop tailored institutional plans including areas for capacity development
• Develop work plan and associated timeline for program start-up
• Lead recruitment of two capacity development experts
• Coordinate with LINKAGES consortium lead in country on all activities.
The assignment is expected to last up to 30 days. It will include remote work, travel to Luanda and one other location.
• BA and minimum 5 years work experience
• Relevant experience in health, capacity development or related field
• Experience leading and facilitating workshops with local entities
• Experience with start-up operations and recruitment
• Ability to multi-task, to plan and to coordinate with multiple stakeholders
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability and the ability to perform and collaborate under challenging conditions.
• Ability to work independently and produce timely and high quality results
• Willingness to travel to Angola
• Fluent in Portuguese and English
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend