||Pact is seeking an experienced Health Technical Writer to join its Opportunity Development team. The Opportunity Development team is responsible for growing Pact’s business portfolio, working in close collaboration with our country offices. The Health
Technical Writer will serve as lead writer for health-focused proposals spanning a wide range of country contexts and donors; they will also provide additional proposal development support as needed. They will work collaboratively with Pact colleagues worldwide,
including Pact’s field offices, technical experts, Marketing and Communications team, and innovation officer. The Health Technical Writer will report to the Director for Opportunity Development.
Expected Roles and Responsibilities
• Lead the writing of responsive, high-quality proposals in accordance with Pact and donor requirements.
• Collect, integrate and assure the quality of technical specialists and/or consultants contributions.
• Review, revise, and copy-edit technical proposal sections provided by the organization technical staff, consultants and partners, and integrate into the overall technical application.
• Review, revise, edit, and improve the quality and responsiveness of proposal documents and materials.
• Participate in technical reviews and incorporate feedback and revisions in a timely manner.
• Review and integrate all background materials to ensure that the technical application is compliant with all technical and formatting requirements.
• Interview and gather input from country offices, technical units, subject matter specialists, and other resource persons.
• Lead or support the preparation and delivery of proposal design workshops.
• Ensures responsiveness to donor requirements – and constructively challenges the design team to produce a high-quality product.
• Develop additional proposal development materials, such as capacity statements and web content, necessary to position for upcoming proposals.
• In coordination with the Director, design and implement training materials and plans for headquarters and country office staff to improve their proposal writing skills.
Required Skills and Competencies
• Excellent technical writing and editing skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Familiarity with critical global health issues.
• Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously while still meeting deadlines and maintaining quality.
• Ability to objectively assess proposal responsiveness against requirements – and facilitate problem solving.
• Ability to successfully collaborate with others and work in teams – especially under pressure.
• Willingness to travel up to 40%, often on short notice.
• Experience writing successful USAID and/or DFID proposals.
Required Education and Experience
• Master’s degree in International Development, Communications, or a related field preferred.
• At least 7 years of work experience in international development, or relevant field preferred.
• At least 5 years of progressive experience developing and writing successful proposals.
• Experience building staff writing skills.
• French or Spanish fluency, including writing, preferred but not required.