Perform all production related duties regarding field operations to produce oil and/or gas from company operated wells. Maintain well sites in acceptable condition according to safety, environmental and company requirements.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Operate and be primarily responsible for maintenance of artificial lift and wellhead equipment.
2. Operate and be primarily responsible for maintenance of production batteries.
3. Perform routine maintenance on all equipment.
4. Evaluate, recommend and implement projects to optimize production and minimize costs.
5. Analyze artificial lift design operations to ensure the system is operating efficiently.
6. Collect and provide daily production data.
7. Lead emissions and spill prevention and remediation efforts.
8. Perform good housekeeping maintenance at all work locations.
9. Prepare and submit required paper work on time.
10. Actively participate and be proactive in all environmental, health and safety programs.
11. Be available for call-out after hours, including weekends and holidays.
12. Regular and punctual attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Oil, water and gas gathering, processing, separation, sales and injection facilities
• ESP wells, flowing wells, rod pump wells, injection wells, flow-lines, injection lines
• Oil & gas well production monitoring systems and tools including computer software’s including Microsoft Office Suite and SCADA systems.
• Artificial lift installations and diagnostic tools such as echo meters, pump off controllers and dynamometer cards, etc.
• Standard safety practices.
• Basic electrical.
• Installation, maintenance and repairs of corrosion protection systems and chemical programs.
• Governmental and environmental regulatory requirements.
• Downhole procedures.
• System designs for artificial lift operations.
• Inventory management and control.
Skills & Abilities to:
• Work as a team member
• Be approachable
• Proactively foster a cooperative work environment.
• Create, compose, and edit written documents using e-mail and computer programs.
• Communicate clearly and effectively to ensure understanding.
• Gather and analyze information, draw conclusions, make recommendations and implement solutions.
• Perform reasonable mathematic calculations.
• Possess a good mechanical aptitude.
• Be adept at using a personal computer and associated software.
• Work alone without daily supervision and be self-motivated.
• Listen to others, understand, and ask questions.
• Express ideas clearly when speaking or writing.
• Read and understand work-related materials.
• Get along with other people, including company employees, field contractors and surface land-owners
Reasoning and Problem Solving Abilities
• Combine several pieces of information and draw conclusions.
• Concentrate and not be distracted while performing a task.
• Determine how a system should work. Study how changes in conditions affect outcomes.
• Follow guidelines to arrange objects or actions in a certain order.
• Identify problems and review information. Develop, review, and apply solutions.
• Identify ways to measure and improve system performance.
• Analyze ideas and use logic to determine their strengths and weaknesses.
• Judge the costs and benefits of a possible action.
• Understand new information or materials by studying and working with them.
• Notice when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
• Use reasoning and common sense to discover answers to problems.
Outdoor environment and exposure to all weather conditions. Exposed to hazards associated with dust, fumes, high pressures, high temperatures and confined spaces; regularly subjected to external environmental conditions such as cold, heat, dust, snow, or fumes
from equipment or chemicals. Ability to hear consistently over loud background noises. May be required to run, jump, reach, squat, bend, and climb. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.