Under general supervision, the Equity Compensation Assistant will work closely with executive level managers to provide a wide variety of administrative support as assigned by the President, General Counsel and Corporate Paralegal to provide assistance to
the Legal Department with filings, stock plan administration and general administrative duties. S/he will utilize daily an equity software program to complete projects, and handle highly confidential information in a professional manner.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. On a daily basis, work in equity software for stock plan administration, including processing and recording employee grant and equity transactions.
2. Answer employee questions regarding equity grants and equity accounts.
3. Prepare and manage correspondence such as letters, memos, presentations, expense reports and forms for company executives.
4. Develop, implement and maintain recordkeeping procedures and systems and perform filing for the Legal Department.
5. Responsible for preparing and filing legal documents with various governmental agencies.
6. Perform research for the Legal Department.
7. Assist executives on track with meetings, calendars, and travel arrangements; screen calls from both internal and external sources.
8. Responsible for cleanliness of Legal Department meeting rooms and kitchen.
9. Occasionally assist with receptionist and hospitality duties, including answer front desk telephones, and maintain conference room supplies and setup.
10. May be required to work outside of assigned business hours.
11. Complete special projects as assigned.
12. Regular and punctual attendance.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Basic knowledge of accounting, finance, budgeting and cost control procedures.
• Beginning knowledge of stock plan administration.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office Word.
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Excel.
• Basic knowledge of MS PowerPoint.
• Advanced knowledge of proper business correspondence formatting.
• Basic legal ethics principles and practices.
• Advanced knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and records maintenance.
• Advanced English proofreading skills.
• Proficient English usage of grammar, punctuation, language skills to create and edit routine and complex written materials.
• Advanced knowledge of proper telephone and reception etiquette.
• Advanced scheduling techniques and calendar management.
• Project management principles, practices, work flow and tools.
Skills and Abilities to:
• Maintain strict confidentiality.
• Extremely detail-oriented and proactive.
• Routinely review and manipulate data in Excel.
• Establish priorities and manage multiple projects effectively.
• Be comfortable with change and a demanding work environment.
• Investigate, analyze information, draw conclusions, and make recommendations based on data or findings.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with executive management and individuals in other departments.
• Deliver outstanding customer service.
• Work as a team member and foster a cooperative work environment.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Minimum two-year college degree and accounting experience, or a combination of education and experience.
• Experience with equity compensation and stock plan administration software highly desirable.