On-Calls must be able to work a minimum fo 75% of the assigned shifts.
The Instructional Assistant provides instruction and/or related services to individuals or groups; supports students in classroom; monitors and supervises students at all times while the student is present in the program/school, including the lunchroom, halls, bus loading zones, community outings and on playgrounds and recreation areas; and works as part of a collaborative team with both education and mental health staff under the direction of the Lead Counselors and Program Manager.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Be accountable to the lead counselor and program manager
· Assist in creating a safe and positive learning environment for students with severe emotional and/or behavioral issues.
· Work cooperatively with classroom team and program staff to serve the needs of the student.
· Become familiar with the direct instruction method of teacher(s), group dynamics, the schedule and students.
· Assist children in adhering to classroom schedule and assignments.
· Lead or co-lead instructional groups as assigned by the teacher, principal, lead counselor or program manager. Lead or co-lead therapeutic activities and support therapist in therapy/intervention groups as assigned by lead counselor, program manager or therapist.
· Implement reward and behavior management systems utilized within the program (e.g. Self and Match, token economy, etc.)
· Monitor and chart behaviors and complete any assigned paperwork and/or reports.
· Assist in classroom learning activities and interventions as assigned by teacher, principal, therapist, clinical supervisor, lead counselor or program manager.
· Tutor individual children in social and academic skills as directed by the teacher, therapist, clinical supervisor, program manager, or lead counselor.
· Assist in preparing curriculum, activities and special project materials.
· Use Active Supervision at all times to ensure the safety and security of all students at the program. This includes but it not limited to morning search/check in procedures, meals and snack time, transitions between classes, outings, bus call, and in the classrooms/milieu.
· Attend staff meetings, daily morning briefings and assigned trainings.
· Perform other duties as assigned by lead counselor, clinical supervisor or program manager.
ON THE JOB MANDATORY ONGOING CERTIFICATION TRAINING
- Initial Classroom Training
- CPR and First Aid
- S.P.A. certification
- False Claims