||Senior Research Analyst
||The Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) seeks a highly-qualified candidate to develop written and verbal analysis of trends in the U.S. and global financial markets. This is a high-profile role responsible for generating insights
on trends and developments in the U.S. and global securities industry and capital markets, and effectively communicating their implications to a wide range of stakeholders.
SIFMA is the voice of the U.S. securities industry. We represent the broker-dealers, banks and asset managers whose nearly 1 million employees provide access to the capital markets, raising over $2.5 trillion for businesses and municipalities in the U.S., serving
clients with over $18.5 trillion in assets and managing more than $67 trillion in assets for individual and institutional clients including mutual funds and retirement plans. SIFMA, with offices in New York and Washington, D.C., is the U.S. regional member
of the Global Financial Markets Association (GFMA). For more information, visit http://www.sifma.org.
• Analyze and report on emerging trends in various aspects of the U.S. and global securities industry and capital markets, with a focus on the role of the capital markets (including key business sectors) in the economy.
• Compile and analyze data on topics of importance to capital markets.
• Effectively translate these analytical outputs, via regular written analysis, reports and presentations, to a wide range of audiences, including for regular distribution to SIFMA members and the public.
• Coordinate with and support work of SIFMA public policy, business policy and communications work streams.
• Develop testimony and speeches using analytical data to support policy positions.
• Produce papers, articles and other materials, forming relationships and collaborating with think tanks, media, consultancies, universities, financial publications, etc.
• Establish or sustain relationships and contacts with SIFMA members, research providers and public policy figures.
||Skills and Experience
• A comprehensive understanding of the U.S. securities industry and capital markets, gained from a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the financial services sector or related field in an analytical/publishing role.
• Excellent analytical and research skills, including advanced computer skills, with knowledge of statistical programs, advanced research methods, including statistics, survey methods, modeling in Excel-based data manipulation, and the ability to critically
analyze and utilize third-party research.
• Advanced user of Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters (SDC, One Banker, Eikon) and Dealogic
• Excellent business and academic writing experience; including the ability to write succinctly and persuasively, to deliver compelling presentations and to foster and maintain business relationships with the different constituents of a trade association.
• Must be a proactive team player.
• Advanced degree required in a relevant field (i.e. economics, business, finance, public policy) is a plus.
• Position housed in either Washington, D.C. or New York.
SIFMA offers salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package. Please send your cover letter, resume, writing examples including any published material and salary requirements to email@example.com and indicate “Securities Industry and Capital
Markets Senior Research Analyst” in the subject line of your email. EOE.
||Send This Job to a Friend