Processing of customer-returned goods in an efficient and documented manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform initial inspection and research on returned goods.
• Receive goods into system and compile various tracking logs.
• Determine cause for return of goods using inventory system, verbal / electronic communications with Customer Service Department.
• Evaluate condition of returned goods (damaged, meets spec, etc.)
• Disposition material appropriately (scrap, repack, stock, etc.)
• Meet and maintain department, production and quality standards.
• Ensure all products are packaged, ready-to-ship and labeled properly.
• Adhere to all company work rules.
• Observe all safety rules and practices.
• Maintain a positive work environment by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
• Use or wear all appropriate safety equipment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND LICENSES
• High school diploma or GED; or at least six months related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Above average written and verbal communication skills
• Good reasoning and problem solving skills
• Knowledgeable and efficient in working with computers (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel)
• Must be able to read and write legibly in English
• Must be able to constantly recognize product types and safety/warning material (some small in size).
• Identify color coded safety & warning areas/notices (most commonly colored yellow and red and some in small print) in order to maintain a safe work environment.
• Works in an environment that includes: seasonal heat & humidity; exposure to safety areas with moving equipment; dust/dirt; noise; vibrations from equipment; lighting differences; and occasional fumes.
• Frequently receives or exchanges information with management or other personnel regarding work requests or issues.
• Ability to identify and react to potential hazards.
• Perform basic math functions.
• Moves and/or transports items up to 50 lbs.
• Possess strong organizational or planning skills