||Supply Chain Analyst
||Supply Chain Analyst
||JOB SUMMARY: As a member of the Supply Chain Team, your areas of focus include Logistics and Inventory Planning.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics/Supply Chain Management
• Preferred experience in inventory management, transportation/distribution and/or overseas importing
• Broad perspective and forward thinking problem solver and strategic planner.
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate written and verbal skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work on freight consolidation and zone skipping opportunities, to reduce overall freight costs and improve service.
• Assist in determining proper routing solutions for shipments in conjunction with our shipping technology.
• Work with Logistics Manager to implement and define procedures to ensure that the highest level of service is performed by the Traffic Department.
• Analyze and resolve problems/discrepancies for transportation invoices on a weekly basis and approve for payment by AP departments.
• Seek new opportunities for freight savings.
• Conduct RFQ as needed for the inbound and outbound domestic and international freight requirements.
• Exercise decision-making skills within defined procedures to determine solutions.
• Interact with Logistics, Sourcing; Customer Service, Receiving and Sales to assist in customer relationships.
• Balancing inventory between multiple distribution centers by analyzing the inventory requirement in each warehouse and determining inventory movement strategies.
• Review reports on service levels, inventory levels, inventory turns and transactions to ensure achievement of company goals. Suggest and/or implement corrective actions as required to eliminate adverse root causes.
• Positively impact the Fill Rate by monitoring the daily backorder report, historical customer demand, and forecasts provided by Sales. Seek out and make suggestions for item substitutions.
• Assist with in-transit inventory tracking between our facilities and our supply chain partners.
• Assist with product rationalization and slow/dead inventory resolution.
Dexterity: Ability to make small movements such as typing, picking up small object, or pinching items together.
Communicating: Especially where one must frequently give and receive detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Repetitive Motions: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Average Visual Abilities: Average, Ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
Physical Strength: Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally.
Must be physically and mentally able to work your required shift.
MENTAL ACTIVIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved instruction and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
Language Ability: Ability to write and communicate in complex sentences using good vocabulary.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend