||Union Institute & University, a national not for profit university for adult students offering programs of study leading to Bachelor’s, Master's and Doctoral degrees is seeking an experienced Program Advisor based at its Sacramento, California academic
The Program Advisor will provide assistance to adult undergraduate students in their development and ongoing achievement of education goals, including academic planning services based on program requirements and promoting student success and retention through
superior communication, service and support.
• Provides information and guidance in the study planning process to an assigned group of undergraduate students regarding degree plans, registration/enrollment, graduation requirements, and financial aid.
• Orients the student to degree plans, scheduling, financial aid, Campus Web, certified learning, graduation requirements, satisfactory academic progress requirements.
• Acts as liaison for the student with the centralized offices of financial aid, registrar, and business office and serves as a student advocate for problem resolution.
• Monitors student progress and intervenes as appropriate to ensure student success.
• Monitors students financial standing and intervenes to avoid financial issues that may interfere with a student’s success.
• Identify opportunities to develop, implement, measure and improve academic success strategies.
• Maintains compliance with all University policies and standards;
• Contributes to retention efforts by tracking student progress, maintaining contact with stop-out students, resolving issues that will interfere with student progress, ensuring that the student is satisfied with their experience.
• Provides outstanding customer service that exceeds students’ expectations, including processing administrative paperwork as necessary to support students and faculty.
• Assists with recruitment activities by providing pre-enrollment advisement to applicants and developing draft personalized curriculum plan and by reviewing financial aid with students.
||• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum two years’ experience in a counseling or advising role preferably in a post -secondary institution.
• Self-starter with the ability to self-manage and work interdependently with team members.
• Must have a strong commitment to education and have the demonstrated counseling or coaching skills required to effectively keep online students on track.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Proficient with web-based technologies and experience with one or more Learning Management Systems preferred.
• Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Ability to work with diverse populations of students, faculty and staff.
• Ability to adapt to new and rapidly changing situations.
• Demonstrated integrity and commitment to the highest ethical standards when interacting with students, faculty, and staff.
• Critical problem solving skills, enthusiasm, and commitment.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks while attending to details.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and three professional references.
Union Institute & University, established in 1964, is a private, non-profit university accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Union Institute & University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a multi-cultural environment. We strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
||Send This Job to a Friend