||Financial Aid Counselor
||Union Institute & University, a national university offering programs of study leading to Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral degrees for adult students is seeking a Financial Aid Counselor. The Financial Aid Counselor is responsible for all aspects of the
student financial aid process. The successful candidate must be able to work from one of four UI&U locations; Cincinnati, OH; Los Angeles, CA; Sacramento, CA; or Hollywood, FL.
• Counsels students and their families on financial aid options and processes;
• Performs verifications, packages and awards aid, according to federal, state and institutional guidelines;
• Advises students about anticipated aid, balance due and the refund process;
• Assists students in budget planning and debt management; including entrance counseling;
• Monitor students’ academic progress and assisting the Bursar’s office with maintenance of student accounts and assisting in the resolution of any inaccuracies;
• Must maintain current knowledge of federal and state financial aid regulations.
||• Bachelor’s degree with at least one year of direct financial aid experience in a post-secondary college or university.
• Attention to detail and organizational skills and a strong orientation towards customer service and responsiveness required.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization is required.
• The successful candidate must be able to perform multiple tasks under pressure in a fast paced environment.
• Candidate must have demonstrated experience with and/or commitment to working effectively with a diverse population.
• Efficiently and effectively utilize a personal computer and related software including Microsoft Office, student records software and the Internet; maintain discretion in handling sensitive information and be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Preferred qualifications also include experience with PowerFAIDS and Jenzabar.
This is a full time position (35 hour work week) with benefits.
Interested candidates, please submit a letter of interest along with a current resume and three professional references.
Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should notify the Human Resources Department at 513-487-1122.
Union Institute & University is a private, non-profit university accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Union Institute & University is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
||Send This Job to a Friend