||Director, Undergraduate Social Work
||Union Institute & University, a national not for profit university offering Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees to adult students since 1964, is seeking a Director for its Undergraduate Social Work program. The Director will be responsible for:
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Provide leadership, vision, and strategic thinking in academic planning, and all aspects of the social work program.
• Direct the process to achieve accreditation for the Bachelor of Science major in social work program from the Council on Social Work.
• Serve as a liaison with the Council on Social Work Accreditation, Association of Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors, and related organizations.
• Work closely with the dean to prepare and administer the program’s budget.
• Manage recruiting, evaluating, and retaining qualified faculty.
• Identify program needs regarding space, equipment, and other needs.
• Administer program evaluation and assessment of student learning outcomes.
• Take lead role in managing faculty meetings, advisory council, curriculum committee, and related programmatic meetings.
• Manage and supervise administrative roles and responsibilities of faculty.
• Foster and support excellence in teaching, scholarly activity, and professional engagement and service among all faculty.
• Maintain oversight of the Bachelor of Science program in social work, including the field education and advising components.
• Participate in and attend all university assigned committees and faculty meetings.
• Work with internal and external constituents to develop new program initiatives.
• Collaborate with the marketing team to recommend promotional materials.
• Periodically review university academic regulations and guidelines to uphold academic integrity of courses.
• Develop orientation, course schedules, program-specific policies and procedures.
• Tracks various professional licensure requirements to assure relevance of offerings.
• Administer an integrated curriculum design for classroom and field instruction.
• Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships.
• Engage in an on-going program of professional development.
• Teach at least three core content courses per academic year.
• Contribute to learners’ professional development as generalist social workers.
• Evaluate and assess learners’ academic, interpersonal and clinical competence.
• Participate in learner related administrative functions, such as field evaluation, academic reviews, and admissions interviews.
||• Master of Social Work degree from a CSWE-accredited program with a doctoral degree preferred or a baccalaureate degree in social work from a CSWE-accredited program and a doctoral degree.
• Demonstrated leadership ability through teaching, scholarship, curriculum development, administrative experience, and other academic and professional activities in the field of social work.
• Minimum of two years post-master’s practice experience required.
• Independently licensed in social work.
• Knowledge of adult learning theory and experience with teaching adults.
• Experience in social work supervision and field education.
• Expertise in one additional interest area related to professional social work.
• Effective interpersonal (written and oral) communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Knowledge of and commitment to the use of information technology for instruction.
• Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain high level of confidentiality.
• An understanding of and belief in practitioner-scholar training model.
• Ability and willingness to travel occasionally to conferences and meetings.
Qualified candidates please submit a letter of interest, current resume and contact information for three professional references.
Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should notify the Human Resources Department at 513-487-1122.
Union Institute & University is a private, non-profit university accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Union Institute & University is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage
applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
||Send This Job to a Friend