||Union Institute & University, a national university offering Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees to adult students, is seeking an experienced high performing full-time Career Counselor to expand the career development services. This position is
"hands-on" career development, working closely with adult students in the areas of resume writing, interview techniques, administering strength inventories, job search skills, career networking, professional image building, etc. Individual must have excellent
oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, and be a creative "outside-the-box" thinker. This position will be housed at our Hollywood, FL campus, but responsibilities would include working with current students from across all of our regional
locations, as well as university alumni.
Reporting to the Associate Dean of Student Success the Career Counselor will:
• Provide career counseling to undergraduates, graduate students, and alumni regarding goal setting, self-assessment, career information, decision-making, job search process, in individual and group settings both in person and via recorded webinars; design
and deliver customized workshops, resources and programs on a variety of career-related topics; perform university and community relationship-building outreach initiatives;
•Provide career and vocational planning services across disciplines and in a variety of settings. Apply theories and models of career development, counseling, and human development in working with diverse populations. Utilize contemporary career services practices
and technology resources in the delivery of career planning services.
• Collect, organize, and analyze information about individuals through reported data, assessments, interviews, and professional sources to appraise their interests, strengths, abilities, values, and personality characteristics for educational and career development
planning. Maintain appropriate records for future work with students.
•Develop innovative ways of service delivery. Identify needs, design, and implement innovative programs, services and resources to address those needs. Conduct research on occupational and employment information to support career planning services. Assist in
the identification and organization of career information that is accessible to students and alumni through a variety of media (i.e. internet web sites and social media) as they explore and make career decisions.
Collaborate with faculty to embed career services into academic courses.
• Prepare reports on services and statistical data as needed.
• Communicate with employers and community professionals to facilitate networking and mentoring relationships for all regional academic centers.
• Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
||• Bachelor’s degree required, (Master’s degree preferred) with an emphasis in career development, college student personnel or related field. Incumbent will be expected to continue upgrading knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy
• Experience with communication strategies that leverage new media and social networking.
• Minimum 5 years experience in college counseling and/or background, which reflects probability of success working with adult students.
• Experience with group presentations and workshops related to career planning and development.
• Experience in working with alumni.
• Exemplary communication skills (both written and oral).
• Highly developed organizational skills. Ability to work effectively in a team environment and autonomously.
• Ability to work with diverse populations.
• Demonstrated computer competency and knowledgeable of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Qualified candidates please submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references.
Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should notify the Human Resources Department at 513-487-1122.
Union Institute & University is a private, non-profit university accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Union Institute & University is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
||Send This Job to a Friend