||FT Faculty-Child/Adolescent Development
||Los Angeles, CA
||Union Institute & University, a national not for profit university offering Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees to adult students, is seeking an experienced full time faculty member to assume lead instructor duties for its undergraduate Early Childhood/Child
Development program. The position is based at UI&U’s Los Angeles, California academic center.
• Teach online classes usually 1-per 8 week session, never more than 2 per 8 week session;
• Scheduling; manages sites, which includes coordinating administrative duties with support staff at the center.
• Book requisitioning;
• Faculty evaluations;
• Assists in the development of curriculum for degree program;
• Advises and mentors new faculty and students;
• Engages in scholarly and professional development activities, including membership in professional organizations;
• Participates in program and university committees in support of University and program growth;
• Manages sites, which includes recruitment and retention of students, coordinating administrative duties with support staff at the Center;
• Assist in enhancing the visibility of the program and increasing enrollment numbers through sales and marketing techniques and developing and maintaining relationships with professional organizations and agencies.
||• Masters level degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education; Doctorate preferred.
• Experience with college level teaching;
• Candidate must reside within commuting distance to the Los Angeles, CA academic center;
• Fluency in Spanish required.
• Knowledge of and commitment to the use of information technology for online instruction;
• Assist with curriculum development for the program;
• Effective interpersonal (written, oral and online) communication skills;
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Qualified candidates please submit a letter of interest, a current CV/resume and contact information for three professional references.
Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should notify the Human Resources Department at 513-487-1122.
Union Institute & University is a private, non-profit university accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Union Institute & University is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multi-cultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
||Send This Job to a Friend