||Union Institute & University, a national university for adult students offering programs of study leading to bachelor’s, master's and doctoral degrees is seeking a PROGRAM ADVISOR based at its Florida Academic Center located in Hollywood, Florida.
The PROGRAM ADVISOR will provide assistance to students in their development and ongoing achievement of education goals, including academic planning services based on program requirements and promoting student success and retention through superior communication,
service and support.
• Provides information and guidance in the study planning process to an assigned group of undergraduate students regarding degree plans, registration/enrollment, graduation requirements, and financial aid;
• Orients the student to degree plans, scheduling, financial aid, Campus Web, certified learning, graduation requirements, satisfactory academic progress requirements;
• Acts as liaison for the student with the centralized offices of financial aid, registrar, and business office and serves as a student advocate for problem resolution;
• Monitors student progress and intervenes as appropriate to ensure student success;
• Identify opportunities to develop, implement, measure and improve academic success strategies;
• Maintains compliance with all University policies and standards;
• Monitor Campus Web participation, adds and revises forms and serves as a liaison between BA online program and IT department.
• Assists the program director with retention efforts by tracking student progress, maintaining contact with stop-out students, resolving issues that will interfere with student progress, ensuring that the student is satisfied with their experience;
• Provides outstanding customer service that exceeds students’ expectations, including processing administrative paperwork as necessary to support students and faculty.
• Assists the program director with recruitment activities by providing pre-enrollment advisement to applicants and developing draft personalized curriculum plan and by reviewing financial aid with students;
||• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution; Master’s degree preferred;
• Minimum two years’ experience in a counseling or advising role preferably in a post -secondary institution;
• Ability to solve problems independently and creatively while also working collaboratively with team members;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Demonstrated integrity and commitment to the highest ethical standards and confidentiality when interacting with students, faculty and staff;
• Superior analytic and critical thinking skills;
• Able to perform multiple tasks while attending to details;
• Proficient with web-based technologies and experience with one or more Learning Management Systems a plus;
• Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel;
• Ability to work with diverse populations of students, faculty and staff;
• Must be available to work some evening/weekend hours.
Preferred Requirements: Understand current trends in academic advising and higher education, fluency in Spanish.
Qualified applicants please submit a letter of interest, resume and the contact information for three professional references.
Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should notify the Human Resources Department at 513-487-1122.
Union Institute & University, established in 1964, is a private, non-profit university accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Union Institute & University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a multi-cultural environment. We strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
||Send This Job to a Friend